1/22/2007

Hippolyta (Drama)



In our drama class, we are preparing a representation of a play written by William Shakespeare that is called "A Midsummer Night's Dream". Mr S., our drama and science teacher, gave us the part that he thought fitted us best, and my part is now Hippolyta. Hippolyta is an Amazon and she is in love with Theseus (Patrizio), Athens's king, and they are about to marry. Hippolyta isn't happy about Theseus' decision to not let Hermia (Sophia) marry Lysander (Giulio), her love. At the end of the play, when Theseus finally lets Hermia marry Lysander because Demetrius (Matteo) now loves Helena (Claudia), Hippolyta is very happy. I am also a very important person in the play because Patrizio and I are the narrators, that explain the story in Italian to the poor parents that don't understand English. Before knowing which parts we will get in the play, I had wanted to be Hippolyta and I am really happy that I got that part.

3 comments:

Matteo Z said...

Dear Elena

Your blog is exellent (like always). Only I would substitute the "we will get" with "we would get".

Best Regards

Manfredi

Francesca said...

Your entry is perfect (as usual)... You are an excellent writer!

Elena R IST said...

Thanks for the beautiful comments everyone!!!!!!

Powered By Blogger